Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My favourite line of facial products

You might be surprised to see that my favourite facial line is a drugstore brand, not a professional line. There are a few different professional lines that I like but let me tell you, Olay Regenerist works just as well and costs a lot less. It is definitely on the high end price point of a drugstore brand but much cheaper than a professional product. I have four different products from this line and have been using it for about a month now and I can really notice a difference. I have the detoxifying pore scrub for cleansing, it has little beads in it for scrubbing, but as a scrub it isn't that effective in that respect. What I do like about it as that it doesn't dry my skin out and it removes my make up, that is all I ask of a cleanser. Next I have the daily treatment thermal mini peel, it has glycolic acid in it and warms up when you put it on your face. This treatment is amazing! Skin feels so soft and smooth afterwards and I have noticed a difference in pore size, this is probably my favourite of the four products I have. Coming in a close second to favourite would be the regenerating serum. Again, amazing...skin feels so smooth as soon as you put it on. You can use it as a light moisturizer during the day and it also makes a great under make up primer, love this stuff! And last but not least I have the micro sculpting cream. This is a very nice moisturizer, and I use it as a night cream. While this product isn't super heavy I generally prefer something very light during the day and I find it just a bit much for daytime wear.
Overall, I am a huge fan of the Regenerist line and would highly recommend it(no I don't work for Olay..haha).
I also thought I would do a quick book review. I just finished reading Before I Go To Sleep , which turned out to be quite a good book. Here is the synopsis:

"Christine wakes up every morning in an unfamiliar bed with an unfamiliar man.

She looks in the mirror and sees an unfamiliar, middle-aged face. And every morning, the man she has woken up with must explain that he is Ben, he is her husband, she is forty-seven years old, and a terrible accident two decades earlier decimated her ability to form new memories.

But it?s the phone call from a Dr. Nash, a neurologist who claims to be working with Christine without her husband?s knowledge, that directs her to her journal, hidden in the back of her closet. For the past few weeks, Christine has been recording her daily activities -- tearful mornings with Ben, sessions with Dr. Nash, flashes of scenes from her former life -- and rereading past entries, relearning the facts of her life as retold by the husband she is completely dependent upon. As the entries build up, Christine asks many questions. What was life like before the accident? Why did she and Ben never have a child? What has happened to Christine?s best friend? And what exactly was the horrific accident that caused such a profound loss of memory?

Every day, Christine must begin again the reconstruction of her past. And the closer she gets to the truth, the more unbelievable it seems."


It was a nerve jangling thriller end and it got me hopped up enough that I had a hard time falling asleep right away after finishing it. I would probably give it a seven out of ten.
I didn't get a chance to get on the treadmill today, just got too busy, but I did get on last night and put in a 5km run. When I weighed myself this morning I was down 4lbs which was a nice treat. :)
Ok, that's it for me, I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting book! I like a good thriller every now and again ;)

    ReplyDelete