Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sun, sun, glorious sun!

Well, I'm so happy to say that Marshall made it through the night last night, and look at how happy he is. ;) He did wake up just as Chris and I were going to bed, but was easy enough to get back to sleep and then slept all the way to 8:30 this morning. I was so happy! Chris and I were so tired that we both fell asleep with our bed side lamps on and books on our chests. Chris woke up at 2am and realized what happened and managed to rouse himself just enough to turn the lights out. Yes people, babies are where wrinkles and grey hairs come from, it's the lack of sleep that ages you!
When I woke up at 8:30(only minutes before Marshall) I thought it was much later because the sun was coming through my bedroom window so brilliantly. I must admit I almost didn't recognize the bright yellow light, but once I had a few minutes to orient myself I was thrilled to see it. It lasted all day and the the kids and I(and Chris) were able to get our much needed dose of vitamin D.
I managed to get in a good run on the treadmill this morning, putting in 5km in 35 minutes. Not super fast but I am getting better and that included my three minute speed walk warm up. I am also struggling with a shin splint which makes me start off with a bit of a limp run but once I have put a few minutes in it seems to numb and then I can run normally. I wonder if 5km cancels out last nights pizza dinner and the cheezies snack I had just before writing this entry......? Yeah, I didn't think so.... Must work in more salads...

No comments:

Post a Comment