Monday, June 25, 2012

Soooo......

 It's been a few days since my last post and it's because I went off the rails pretty bad as far as my healthy eating/exercising is concerned. I got taken over by the PMS monster big time and it's almost like I woke up this morning going "what the...?? where am I??". Seriously bad. I ate whatever I wanted which if we are doing full disclosure here included two trips to DQ, popcorn at the movie theater, drinks and Cheezies(my weakness.. *sigh*) on Sat night and a few other indiscretions I am trying to block from my memory. I didn't exercise this weekend either, I just watched a lot of movies and sat on my a**. I hate how hormones can take over like that, we ladies have it pretty rough for a couple of days each month(if you are fans of Modern Family, have you seen the episode where Luke thinks the girls are "monstrating"? It's pretty funny) and I am very thankful to have a loving and devoted husband who tends to dote on me in this time of "need". It makes the whole miserable experience a little more bearable. Today I feel like I have made it through the darkness and come out on the other side a new woman, full of hope again...haha.
 I ate very well today and put in 12km of power walking(7 this morning and 5 this evening) and I am feeling SO back on track. Yes, there is a niggling little voice in the back of my head going..."think where you would be if you had kept it up all weekend", but I'm ignoring that because I can't undo it and I'm sure it won't be the only time it happens. Letting it go...moving on..

Tonight was Meatless Monday and I tried out a new recipe. This Asian Edamame Fried Rice was so good and will definitely be staying in the vegetarian recipe box to make again. It was really easy and straight forward to make and is a great way to use up leftover rice. The recipe calls for brown rice but I only had white so that's what I used.


Marshall wasn't a huge fan. He ate some but most of it ended up on the table(chair, floor - much to the dogs delight, his lap..pretty much wherever he could flick it).



The weather has been so nice the last two days but I think we are in for a change if tonight's walk was any indication. Look at these dark clouds rolling in:


I felt a few rain drops and there was some wind so we'll see what tomorrow ends up like.


Since I managed to watch so many movies this weekend I thought I would do a little review of them. ;)
The first movie I watched was Contraband, a movie starring Mark Wahlberg as a retired smuggler who gets pulled back into the crime world when his wife's brother has a deal that goes sideways. It was ok. I'm not a huge fan of "Marky Mark", I think his acting is a little weak, although this was probably one of his better roles. I think it's worth watching, although not an award winner. I would give it a 6 out of 10.
On Saturday I took Ella to see Brave in 3D. This movie was about a young scottish princess who wants to make her own way in the world and not be told how she has to live her life. Then she has to live with the consequences. I thought this movie was great, lots of funny parts and my very favourite style of cartoon animation. I would give it an 8 out of 10. Definitely go see it. :)

On Sunday while my boys were napping I watched DEAR JOHN. It's a love story about a soldier who meets a girl while he's on leave and they stay in touch with letters. It might have been the hormones but this one made me cry. I loved it and it made made me a full on Channing Tatum fan. I give it a 9 out of 10. If you haven't seen it yet check it out, it's on Netflicks for those of you who have it.

And the last movie I saw(I know...a lot of movies...I told you..I sat on my butt) was Haywire. This one was about a woman gun for hire type who gets turned on by the people she is working for. This movie was TERRIBLE. Don't waste your time or money on this one. It gets a 1 out of 10 from me. The editing was bad, story was jerky and made no sense, and the acting was mediocre at best. Two big thumbs down.

I have a couple new songs for you before I sign off:
Flo Rida - Let It Roll - Flo Rida is always great for running tunes, great beat.
3OH!3 - Double Vision - this one is another good running song

And for my country fans :) 

Hope you enjoy them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment