Monday, September 24, 2012

Some of my favourite lighter calorie recipes

 Soooooo..... I really need to get my eating back on track. It's gotten a little out of control through the end of summer and the scale's not happy. It keeps threatening to give me higher and higher numbers unless I do something about it. So today has been day one of getting back to eating smaller amounts of lighter calorie food.  
 I thought I would share a few of my favourite recipes that I have found online. Yes, they contain carbs, I love carbs. I don't cut out entire parts of a well rounded diet in order to lose weight (although I have in the past and it just made me really grumpy). I want to be able to maintain whatever diet I follow so it can't make me miserable.


The first one is 


I have made this one multiple times. It is easy to put together but there is a good deal of prep beforehand chopping vegetables so don't do it on a night when you don't have much time. It's really tasty and filling. Don't be light with the cajun seasoning, it really makes the dish.





This is very tender and has great flavour. The mango salsa absolutely makes it! The perfect side dish to the tenderloin is Brown Coconut Rice with Cilantro. Absolutely delicious and very fragrant.





I love Pad Thai, and this is a tasty dish. It doesn't generally have a really high calorie count anyway, but this one is lightened up a bit with more bean sprouts and less rice noodles.




This is delicious, very comfort food like and I will be making it again this week as I have lots of prawns in my freezer thanks to a great deal at Thriftys a few weeks ago.




These are so tasty! Make sure and leave yourself some time to bake the sweet potatoes, they do take a little time. This is a great meatless dish, very filling with great flavour.

And rather than leaving you with a quote today I'm just going to let this pin from Pinterest say it like it is......so true.... *sigh*.



 Here are a couple songs before I go:

Snow Patrol - Called Out In The Dark  - this one isn't new but I love it.
Barcelona- It's About Time  - this one is old too but it's a good one. 

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment