Monday, December 3, 2012

New hairdo and a great styling tool

I headed out on Saturday morning for my regular hair appointment with my long standing stylist Lucy. Lucy owns Thrixx Salon in Shawnigan Lake and always does an amazing job on my hair. This weekend was no exception. I came away with gorgeous new burgundy highlights and this great new wavy 'do thanks to Paul Mitchell's Clipless curling wand. Have you used one of these yet? It was new to me but I loved the result. Look at these great waves, and they lasted all day too which is very unusual for me:



This is the wand, which is now on my Christmas list:


The curls/waves are big and soft, hold well and don't look as tight and ringlet like as they do when using a regular curling iron. I love the effect.

Speaking of curls, did you know that perms are making a comeback in a big way?? Not the old 80's style super tight ones that you are probably remembering with horror but big soft body waves and relaxed curls. They have been renamed texturizing services and I'm seriously thinking of getting one. Misty at Thrixx is specializing in them so if you're thinking you might like to try this new trend be sure to give her a call: #250-733-2231


Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think I may also add this to my xmas list, ur hair looks gorgeous!
    I have only just started my own lifestyle blog recently and would love to hear ur opinion on it, as u have done such a wonderful job with ur! If you have a spare minute I would be grateful if you could have a look at it: www.nomadicdiary.com
    Keep up the great work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole,
      Thanks so much for the cudos, I'm off to check out your blog right now! :)
      Mariah

      Delete