So I got on the scale this morning...full of dread....the Holidays were a time of abandon for me, too much food, too much drink...and it's not like this excess consumption just goes off into the universe somewhere and you never hear from it again. Nope, it settles happily on your stomach, hips, thighs (face, arms, back, big toe...everything feels fat right now) and fills you with regret. It does for me anyway. The 10lbs I had lost (and worked darn hard to lose) is now only 4lbs lost. I try to take some comfort in the fact that it didn't all come back but let's face it, going back up sucks no matter how much it is.
I feel like I keep starting over rather than seeing things through to the bitter (sweet!) end. I keep getting to the 10lb mark and then get relaxed. What I really need to do is get to the 10lb mark and pour on more steam so that I can get to the next 10lb mark (and so on until I reach a 60lb total). It's really hard to do, I love food and eat with a carpe diem kind of attitude, but that just ends up turning into a carpe fatty kind of body and then I'm mad at myself.
So here I am, picking myself up and starting over again. Beach body I can almost taste (whoops...nope...FEEL!!) you.
I stumbled across a great collection of weight loss motivation quotes and since they resinated with me I hope they do the same for you. We can do this right?
1. "Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." ~Motivational weight loss quote from Wayne Dyer
"Aim for success not perfection... Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make you a far happier and more productive person. "
~ Dr. David Burns
7. "The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in frontof you.The past is gone; the future is distant.Today you CAN succeed. Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours."
8."I lost weight by walking. I changed my lifestyle. I gave up fried foods, cut back on starches and red meat. I had to start taking vitamins and slowly get into a regular exercise routine." (Celeb Al Roker on his weightloss)
9. “If we can get you to focus on just 10 pounds of weight loss, if we can educate you, motivate you, get you moving . . . get you eating a better diet plan . . . we can show you that can do anything you want, achieve whatever weight loss you desire— whether it be 140 or 14 pounds,” ~ Dr. Oz
10.“Water is a great weight loss help! It fills you up. I mean, it’s the simplest thing you can ever think of, but I drink at least one and a half to two liters a day. I always just keep a big bottle by me and that way I can monitor how much I drink." ~ Padma Lakshmi
11.“My weight was a symptom and not the problem, I used food to soothe and reward and I don’t do that anymore.” Wynonna Judd
12. “I haven’t cut off pizza from my diet plan,” she says. “I just limit myself to two pieces once a month so that I don’t completely have to give it up from my weight loss diet plan.” (TV Star Jenna Keown)
13. "Place a picture of someone that looks like what you want to look like when you reach your weight loss and fitness goal somewhere nearby. However, be sure to keep it realistic to your own body type. This is a visual reminder of what the end result of your fitness and weight loss program will be, helping to keep you motivated." ~ Jackie Warner
14. "Stop yourself from bashing your body when you look in the mirror so that you do not hold yourself back from achieving your weight loss and fitness goal or being satisfied once you reach it. “Say to yourself–out loud–to ‘Stop it’.” ~ Jackie Warner
15. "Every week, have an ‘enjoyable’ fitness exercise session such as cycling, dancing, swimming, running or yoga exercise, in addition to your daily fitness exercise program. ~Nicole Kidman
16. "Without exercise, I feel like my head doesn’t work right. I just feel better when I work out. I do sit-ups, push-ups and jogging. I think the body is a beautiful thing, and you should take care of it. Whether it’s going for a run, dancing or loving, my rule is break one sweat a day.” ~Matthew McConaghy
17. “I had a healthy weight loss which was a diet plan that’s all about portion control, healthy choices and not mixing proteins and carbs in the same meal because they digest differently.” ~ Kenda Wilkinson
18. "Cook your own food... it’s easy. When you cook, you control the salt, fat and quality of your food. ~ Rachel Ray (famous weightloss icon)
2013 is the year!