Monday, February 11, 2013

Motivation Monday

The last week has not been great for me as far as diet and exercise. I only did one 7km walk and I did indulge a bit. I didn't go totally crazy but it was my birthday week (if you don't do birthday weeks in your house I highly suggest...so awesome) so it was a lenient one. Back at it this week though and bringing the motivation with me.

I still haven't been able to get anyone to commit to doing the Bazan Bay 5K with me so it looks like I might be running by myself. I would prefer that didn't happen and I would love to have you join me. 5K is nothing folks and you still have a whole month to get ready.

Remember...it's ultimately up to you...


Here are Bob Harper's Skinny Rules. I think this needs to go on my fridge. Good straightforward advice. The no carbs after lunch will be a tough one for me.
(you can click on the pic to make it bigger)



What do you find really motivates you to work out and eat clean? For me this week it was opening People magazine and seeing this picture of Tim McGraw. If he can whip himself into this kind of shape at 45 than what's stopping me??


Doesn't hurt to have a motivation water cup either (found this great one at Winners):



Now for a couple of randoms to finish this post.....

Loving this song:

And loving this colour on my nails....Merino Cool by Essie:



Happy Monday!



6 comments:

  1. you "only" did 7K this week...Good for you! If I was a runner I'd sign up with you, but I prefer bikes:). And don't banish the salt if you're drinking extra water, you'll dilute your electrolytes and that is really dangerous. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill Love reading your blog Mariah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never completely banish salt (both for the above reasons and the fact that it's a great flavour enhancer!), just trying to cut the really high salt stuff out. :)

      Delete
  2. Polish color is great & glad you did we'll last week. Have a good one this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are running a 5k! I've been wanting to do a run but haven't been able to commit :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time like the present. ;) We could train at the same time!

      Delete