Friday, June 28, 2013

Pinspiration Friday!

I haven't done Pinspiration Friday for a couple of weeks and I've missed it! There are so many great ideas on Pinterest and I always wonder how they actually work out in the end. Doing a post like this one once a week gets the ideas off my boards and out into reality...plus they're fun!

Our first idea happened at bath time last night and was so simple and a HUGE hit. 


We had glow sticks left over from our recent vacation and when I was going through my boards last night I found an old pin showing them in the bathtub...and thought that was such a great idea! And as usual...why didn't I think of that? 

There was lots of play happening before the bath...




And about a million "shows" afterwards. Chris and I were repeatedly called into the bedroom to watch the kids put on little skits.

Glow sticks are inexpensive (about $1 each) and we got hours of fun out of this little experiment.


The next pinspired fun we tried was making our own lipgloss, again another hit, and super simple.


All you need is petroleum jelly, powdered drink mix and some kind of container to store it in afterwards. I found these great little pill containers at Wal Mart and they worked perfectly.


Start with however much petroleum jelly you want to use (we used about 4-5Tbls) 



 Microwave the jelly until it melts. It took about 4 and a half minutes with me stirring it every minute or so.


Add your powdered drink mix, we started with 1/2tsp.



And then added another half a tsp.


Put your gloss into the containers. I used a popsicle stick to help get it into each one with the least amount of mess.


Enjoy your new gloss! :)




I tried it out too of course and really liked it. There is a little bit of grittiness from the powder but it's not bad and actually exfoliates your lips nicely. It's super hydrating and my lips feel really soft.


So that's it for our Pinspired fun. Have you tried anything lately? Would love to hear how it went so please share, I'm always looking for new ideas. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment