Monday, August 26, 2013

Motivation Monday





This quote came up on Instagram yesterday and I had to regram it (follow me on Instagram here) because to me it's a great reminder to not only stay on track but also how important having goals are. It's pretty hard to get what you want out of life if you don't know what that is.
  It's funny, but that is the hardest part for me. I feel like there are so many things I want out of life that it can be hard to narrow them down, especially when different lifestyles can be conflicting (do you have any idea how hard it is to be interested in dogs and fashion at the same time? Muddy paws and beautiful dresses just don't jive). I think it comes down to being disciplined, something I have to work on constantly as I tend to be a little too relaxed sometimes (just ask my husband), although I'm much better now than I was in my younger days. Lists are my life savers and I have them all over the place. If I don't write it down it flits out of my mind not to be remembered until five minutes before I need it...can you say stressful? When you remember something you need five minutes before you head out the door that is when you rush and end up with muddy paw prints all over your dress...see, discipline. ;)


This applies to weight loss and fitness too. 

With the kiddies off to school in a couple of weeks there will be big changes here and I vow to get myself back onto a schedule. It's time to refocus and reset goals, both short and long term.

How about you? What's standing in the way of you meeting your goals?



No comments:

Post a Comment