Thursday, September 5, 2013

BEST oatmeal cookie recipe ever!


Today I'm sharing with you my very favourite cookie recipe. They are delicious, addicting and you won't be able to eat just one...you have been warned.

I've been making these cookies since before I met Chris and in fact I think they are the reason he married me....they are that good. They are also super simple and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.


Without further ado...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies

2/3c granulated sugar
2/3c of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup of shortening
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3 cups of quick cooking oats
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of dried cranberries

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except oats, flour, chocolate chips and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in oats flour, chocolate chips and cranberries.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.

That's it...does not get any easier my friend. Enjoy responsibly.


Another recipe I thought you should check out is this one from The Londoner blog that I follow. This  is Avocado Spaghetti and it is not only delicious (crazy creamy and very flavourful) but it's very easy and you can whip it up in a flash....it's perfect for a busy weeknight. This picture is from my lunch the next day...I'm surprised there was any left. ;)



Hope you enjoy these two recipes...let me know what you think!


In the meantime you can groove to this tune while you cook/bake. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment