Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What do you wear to bed?

I know... a naughty title right? ;)
I was getting ready to go to bed the other night - which means folding the pile of laundry that I had dumped on it earlier in the day before running to the next chore - when I looked down at myself and my typical going to sleep ensemble. I was wearing faded cotton pajama pants that were too short for me and one of Chris's huge old white t shirts. Super sexy... I know. It got me thinking about what we wear to bed as we get comfortable with our partners. Gone are the cute little nighties (does saying that word make me sound MUCH older than I am??), boxer and cami sets or anything with lace. You care a little less and just go for easy and comfy (I know I'm not the only one, I've been asking around!). I knew there must be a way to combine comfy with sexy, I don't want full on corset, bustiers etc...I want to be able to sleep in my nightwear (eek! another old lady word...I'm on a roll today...my husband is a lucky man :S) as well as still look like a woman rather than that lump of laundry I was folding that somehow managed to slip itself under the covers.

I really like what I came up with and if you follow me on Pinterest than you may have seen some of these already.

This striped chemise from eberjey is so cute. It's light and airy for summer (or if you just run hot), and has just a touch of girly pretty with the lace lining.


eberjey had so many cute chemises that I had to include a few more..... 
 Here's the Lady Godiva




And Belinda

This is just a few that they carry, I would wear just about every one they have...super cute and the above range in price from $66 to $84.

If you want something a little warmer then J Crew has this great Night Shirt on sale for $66.



If you are looking for something in a slightly lower price range Victoria's Secret has some cute ones too.

This Ultrasoft Sleepshirt is great if you prefer to have your shoulders covered for warmth and is on for only $28 (or 2 for $45).


How about the Cotton Mayfair Slip? It comes in a ton of different colours and is only $29.50



So there you have it...all manner of price ranges for really cute outfits to wear to bed at night, there is no longer any excuse. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment